Saturday, November 30, 2013

[MIXTAPE] Bas - 'Quarter Water Raised Me Vol. 2'


It's always better late than never when it comes to music. I know the Dreamville rapper Bas from his features with J. Cole, notably the "Cousins" record from Cole's Truly Yours 2 and "Hell's Kitchen" from DJ Khaled's Suffering From Success. What creeped under my radar was the Queens native's second volume of his mixtape series Quarter Water Raised Me, which dropped back in May. Coming highly recommended from my hip-hop peers via Twitter, I've provided some of my favorites from the tape, all of which embody the kind of casually creative sounds and approaches I enjoy most from Bas. You can check those out below, and if you like, download Bas' Quarter Water Raised Me Vol. 2 here.

Martin S. @marley_mcfly

No comments:

Post a Comment